Full-time Cover Supervisor
Full-time Cover Supervisor
Cover Supervisor needed for a large secondary school located in Standish, Wigan.
- Full-time Cover Supervisor required.
- Covering lessons in the absence of the main classroom teacher.
- Ideal for experienced staff members and recent graduates/aspiring teaches.
- Competitive pay in line with your experience.
- Must have a DBS registered to the update service.
Teaching Personnel are working with a large mixed secondary school to appoint a Cover Supervisor on a full-time basis from January 2020. The school have a permanent opportunity on offer but are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor on a temporary supply basis in the first instance.
The role of a Cover Supervisor is essentially a unqualified teaching opportunity whereby the incoming staff member will be required to cover classes in the absence of the main classroom teacher. The incoming staff member will receive a timetable for each day consisting of various lessons and subjects. It is crucial in order to be successful that the incoming staff member is someone that is able to adapt quickly and remain confident when delivering subjects that may be slightly out of their comfort zone. Ideally, candidates applying for the role will have experience delivering lessons or working with secondary aged pupils (11-16) previously and will be dynamic when delivering their lessons.
Candidates of all experience levels are to be considered and will receive direct training from Teaching Personnel and our client secondary school.
If you are a recent graduate and are considering a career in teaching in the near future then this is an excellent opportunity to gain paid classroom based experience in a secondary school setting.
Our client school;
- Large Wigan based Secondary school with around 1250 pupils on roll.
- Situated between Wigan and Chorley the school is just a short drive from the M6 and A577.
- There is onsite staff car parking for all teaching staff working within the school.
- If traveling via public transport there are good transport links to the centre of Wigan and then surrounding areas.
If this role sounds of interest to you and you would like to find our further information or register your interest then please get in contact with the Manchester North Secondary Branch on######### or submit an up to date CV using the contact details below;
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 8 days ago