Mobile Authorised Person
£35000 - £38000 per annum
Are you a Technical Authorised Person? Familiar with a Mobile role? Experience in working within MoD Estates?
Then apply now
Girling Jones are recruiting for an Authorised Person to accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Additional works, planned and response maintenance.
Key bits to the role
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Additional Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements including the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
- Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice
- Arrange appropriate training and provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching for Skilled Persons and instruct all persons who are required to operate equipment which is under the control of the Authorised Person.
- Ensure Skilled Persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work and, where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Contribute to the production of ESTS, FASP and ESRs across the Service Delivery Area.
What you will need to succeed
- Live within the Region of appointment but be willing to travel anywhere within the UK when business needs dictate.
- Have a strong electrical basis to low voltage electrical systems within a domestic property.
- Have very good knowledge of BS7671 and associated Guidance notes
- Have very good knowledge of the EICR process, defect codes and the Electrical Safety First Best Practice Guide 4 document
- Be competent in reviewing Electrical installation certificates and Minor works certificates and all test results on them
- Be competent in testing & inspection and using electrical installation test equipment and must hold 17th edition amd3 qualification and City & Guilds 2391 or 2394&2395 or equivalent.
HND Level Qualification in an Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
Technical Qualifications and Training as required by JSP375 including;
- Emergency First Aid
- Fire Safety
Management level qualification in H&S and Environment e.g. SMSTS
What you will get in return
In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 42 days ago