Waking Night Support Worker Young People
£9.32 - £9.55 per hour
Do you have experience of working with vulnerable young people?
Would you like to join an awardwinning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life? We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently.
We are looking to recruit a Full Time Waking Night Support Worker to work with Young People based in Wiltshire, to provide support and advice around accommodation, basic life skills, welfare benefits, health and personal issues: all allowing service users to work towards independent living.
This post requires flexibility and includes 1 sleepover a week which is paid at a rate of £50.00 per night. Hours to include some evening, bank holidays and weekend work.
The hourly rate is £9.32ph, rising to £9.55ph after successful probation review. Will include working unsociable hours, to be part of a flexible rota to include mainly weekends but also other hours including Bank holidays.
This is a great opportunity to join our enthusiastic team!
Main responsibilities include:
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the wellbeing of service users.
- Provide service users with practical assistance, advice, advocacy and support in order that they might develop their skills and work toward maximising their independence.
- To hold regular innovative activities by enabling a userled approach to managing the project.
- To be proactive in building positive relationships with service users. To help create a Userled project.
- To work in accordance with the objectives of Alabar Christian Care Centres, its policy and procedures at all times.
- To ensure that all night time and curfew procedures are carried out.
Mileage 40p per mile.
Housing Support Worker Youth Worker Support Worker Youth Engagement Key Worker Support Work Youth Support Worker Leaving Care
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people.
- To currently hold NVQ Level 3 or above, or be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation.
- Experience of working unsupervised and on your own initiative.
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Excellent written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills including the ability to write reports.
- Experience in forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
- Competent IT Skills Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales.
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota to include evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays, waking nights and sleepins.
Be flexible and able to move within houses as necessary.
- Experience of working with Care Leavers.
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system.
- Experience and knowledge of key working systems.
- Experience of involving service users in improving service.
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of us. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity. Why not join our team, all staff receive the following benefits:
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this.
- Comprehensive induction Training.
- Access to award winning training and development My Learning Cloud.
- Generous sick pay when 6 month probation is completed.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus.
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer.
Staff Work Perks.
- About Company
We have some of the most dedicated and enthusiastic staff and volunteers that you could ever meet and if youre interested in helping vulnerable people to achieve their goals, there could be a place here for you too.
Posted 18 days ago