IT Helpdesk Support - 1st/2nd Line
£20000 to £25000 per annum
IT Helpdesk Support - 1st/2nd Line Whitstable £20-25k FT Monday - Friday - 35 hours per week (8am - 17:00) VR/02478R
It is essential for this role that you drive and have your own transport.
Active Directory, 1st Line, 2nd Line, Service Desk Analyst, Helpdesk Support
An excellent permanent opportunity to work for a respected IT support MSP in North Kent, with occasional requirement to travel to other sites. You will be working alongside a fantastic team, as part of a centralised Service Desk, acting as the first point of contact for all IT support queries whether it be via phone, email or face to face. The role will include logging and managing support requests on the internal Service Desk system, problem diagnosis, work allocation and resolution while working to Service Level Agreements. It requires an excellent understanding of, and commitment to, good customer service, along with a solid understanding of IT.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Queries could include or be related to, but not limited to: Network Accounts; System Accounts; Firewalls; Routers/Switches; MS Exchange; Servers; VPN; Telephone System; Active Directory; Group policy; Mobile Phones; Tablets; Printers; Scanners; Photocopiers; Faxes; Projectors; PCs/Laptops; Monitors & Peripherals; Landline Phones; Microsoft Office Products; Sage; Adobe Professional/Reader; Java; SharePoint; Anti-Virus; Popular Internet browsers; In-house custom Software; Ticketing System; Encryption software
- To resolve as many queries on first contact as possible within the remit of the team and within knowledge.
- To escalate within the team if you are unable to deal directly and to ensure knowledge is gained going forward.
- To log all queries on the Service Desk management software ensuring tickets are fully noted, categorised and assigned and managed within SLAs.
- To prioritise and escalate tickets accordingly.
- To identify problems from repeat incidents and escalate internally.
- To be able to provide meaningful instruction to users at their technical level of understanding and be able to advise users on best practice (e.g. File management and storage issues).
- To provide general support including support of Microsoft Office products.
- To administrate company mobiles phones and provide guidance.
- Administration of user accounts using Active Directory.
- Support printer and photocopiers and liaise with the leasing company to manage fault resolution and facilitate meter readings.
- To provide the highest level of 1st & 2nd Line user support.
- To assist in maintaining and developing the positive reputation of the company and, where possible, create and sustain proactive links with clients.
- Undertake any reasonable request within own competencies and understanding.
- Ensure data security and also adhere to policies and procedures at all times.
- Provide any additional support to any team member as required.
- Uphold procedures and guidelines set out by the Business Systems & Service Delivery Team.
- Great experience of 1st Line Support or Customer service with technical ability
- Strong overall team ethic with ability to use own initiative to complete tasks
- An excellent understanding of, and commitment to, good customer service
- A hardworking and committed individual
- A helpful, polite, enthusiastic and positive manner
Posted 13 days ago