Senior Social Worker Children with Disabilities
£35248.00 - £41666.00 per annum
Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work fulltime within a Children with Disabilities Team in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in childrens services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker job is £35,248 £41,666 per annum.
About the Role:
- To carry a caseload (long term and short term) as allocated by the Team Manager / Deputy Team Manager and within the priorities of the Special Needs, Disability and Psychology Service.
- To act as a Duty social worker at direction of the Deputy Team Manager.
- To maintain a knowledge and awareness of legislation and departmental policies and procedures, and to work within these.
- Act in the role of the lead professional in statutory cases that
- require a qualified social worker, particularly child / adult protection, looked after child cases and legal proceedings (which might relate to children or adults);
- Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need / young adults with disabilities and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR);
- Bring together and coordinate the team around the child (young person)/ service user to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding;
- To make the line manager aware without delay of any complaints received from service users or from other agencies so that the appropriate complaints procedure can be applied and issues of concern be dealt with as swiftly as possible.
To ensure the Team Manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns in relation to safeguarding adults and/or child protection.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
Significant senior level frontline experience within childrens services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients requirements.
- Reasonable Adjustments:
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Posted 24 days ago