State Government Relations Director (Great Lakes Region)
Columbus, OH, USA
Equifax is seeking a Regional Director, State Government Relations to develop, execute, and manage state and local government relations objectives for Equifax within several Great Lakes states to include: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The Regional Director will be responsible for direct lobbying, developing trusted relationships with legislators, governors, regulators, and state agencies to influence policy/legislation involving issues consistent with Equifax business interests and objectives. The Regional Director will also be accountable for identifying business risks and opportunities and developing strategies to ensure advancement of business priorities and public policy goals.
This is an individual contributor role that will have a continual focus on increasing the presence and reputation of Equifax across assigned states, while finding strategic alignment between business objectives, government programs and other trends. The Regional Director will be responsible for managing state government relations priorities in their region, providing sound legislative and regulatory advice, collaborating with other Regional Directors and business leaders, as well as other activities as directed by the Senior Director, Government Relations.
This position will be remote based preferably in Columbus, Ohio; or another state capital within the region.
- Support the Equifax Government Vertical by expanding states’ use of Equifax products and services, including verifications, credit data, and identity and fraud solutions, through legislative and regulatory engagement
- Build and leverage working relationships with key lawmakers, regulators and state agencies within region, to create new sales opportunities while also protecting existing contracts
- Identify and manage legislation and regulations within region that could create value or cause strategic harm to Equifax
- Develop legislative strategies and positions supporting Equifax’s government relations objectives, which include development of policy briefing documents, legislative testimony, amendments, comments and policy white papers as needed
- Manage consultants and other external resources to advance the company’s agenda in key states
- Develop substantial knowledge of Equifax products and services and key laws that regulate business
- Work with the relevant state managers at the Consumer Data Industry Association
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to monthly reporting, business unit updates, PAC campaign assistance
What makes you a good fit for this role?
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience in state government, government relations, government affairs, or direct lobbying required
- Knowledge of government benefits programs preferred, but not required
- Related experience as an attorney or relevant legal background looking to move over to a corporate government relations position
Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university preferred, or will consider equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of the legislative/political process
- Established network of political and state agency contacts
- Proven track record of government relations accomplishments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of external audiences and with company management
- Ability to work with a remote team while staying connected to a broader government relations team
- MS Office including Word & PowerPoint
- Legal research
- Moderate travel (25%)
Targeting candidates located in Columbus, OH. This is a remote opportunity with 25% travel to several Great Lakes states to include: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Candidates must be open to travel with access to a home/remote worksite when not on the road.
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer an excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Primary Location: USA-Ohio-Remote
Function: Function - Legal
Schedule: Full time
Posted 15 days ago