Associate Planner EIA Scotland Private Sector
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Comprehensive benefits package
Penguin Recruitment is pleased to be working with a large multidisciplinary consultancy in Scotland on the hire of an Associate EIA Planner. This role can be accommodated in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Stirling. If you are looking for opportunity, challenge and reward then look no further! My client has an established Planning team that spans across Europe, with RTPI Planners working from many of its offices across the UK and Ireland.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in a variety of projects from major EIA applications to smaller submissions, a variety of conditions and planning policy work. The main types of applications related to renewable energy, minerals, waste, and general development; and will involve regular short term travel throughout the UK, to other SLR offices and client sites as required.
The successful candidate will help to manage a range of EIA projects and planning applications taking them from initial inception through to consent and discharge of planning conditions. The work will involve coordinating a range of inhouse and external technical specialists together with taking the lead on the preparation of a range of highquality technical reports.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an experienced team and be involved in a series of exciting challenges with one of the leading environmental consultancies in the UK and will have the opportunity to work with other offices around the UK and Ireland.
Planning or EIA related degree and either holding a professional qualification (e.g. RTPI or IEMA) or working towards membership.
- Postgraduate experience gained in a consultancy, similar commercial environment or the public sector including EIA Project Management, budget and team management.
- Good knowledge of the Scottish Planning system and EIA Regulations and ideally with experience of working on projects under the Electricity Act 1989.
- Good report writing and computing with an understanding of EIA methodologies and experience of reviewing related reports.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. An ability to work as part of a team, and to manage a team of internal or external consultants.
- The ability to deliver projects within deadline and budget constraints.
- Candidates must hold a full driving license.
Highly competitive starting salary.
Comprehensive benefits package including Pension (5%), BUPA healthcare, DIS, health Insurance, business class travel, 25 days annual leave, RTPI fees, discretional bonus scheme, family friendly and flexible working policies!
Join an established, supportive and respected consultancy in the UK.
Varied and exciting project profile.
Clear career development opportunities.
This an excellent time to join and further your career with a global consultancy! The recruiting lead is keen to meet with suitable EIA Planners ASAP so please register your interest below by clicking apply
For more information on this role or other Scotland vacancies please contact me on######### or #########
Posted 31 days ago