Trainee Area Support Technician / Service Delivery Technician
Belfast, County Antrim
Up to £15000 per annum
Job Title: Trainee Area Support Technician
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is the UKs leading operator of Point of Care software and services, with over 20 years experience in the field. Their solutions are used in more than 130 hospital sites across the NHS, offering patient media and WiFi.
Their Trainee Area Support Technician (TASTs) will be trained to be customer facing technical contacts for a local cluster of Hospitals that host their services and equipment. The role involves interacting with customers at the bedside in Hospital and with hospital staff and other contacts on the site.
You will be trained to take operational responsibility for a designated cluster of circa 900 beds, and should be selfdriven and committed to the maintenance and success of their services within your area. The training will cover the practical technical skills and knowledge that are key to delivery of their services, and also the soft skills that are required to provide great customer service on site.
Local travel will be required to all hospital sites in your designated cluster.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for creating and agreeing variances to your weekly working schedule with support from your Team Leader and EAST
- Working to targets to complete your daily work schedule
- Carrying out Health and Safety checks to ensure equipment is fit for purpose
- Carrying out checks on faulty Bedside Units and replacing parts if required to minimise customer service disruption and maximise uptime
- Low level fault resolution to site systems, for example server restarts or satellite receiver reboots
- Working closely with the Maintenance and Repair team and Regional Engineers as required to resolve faults that cannot be easily fixed at the bedside
- Regularly monitoring Vending Machine usage and ensuring they are working
- Frequent engagement with customers (patients, their friends and family) supporting with the use of the service and to resolve any problems or escalate these if required
- Managing customer expectations in a professional and polite manner
- Regular engagement with hospital staff to build rapport and support the use of their services
- Cleaning and preparing faulty stock and equipment for collection and return to the Repair Centre
- Monthly administration including banking, audits, stock ordering
- A determined drive to learn and use the knowledge and skills taught
- Demonstrated logical, hands on, practical approach to electrical and mechanical problems
- Ability to follow processes
- Ability to work with a range of hand tools
- Demonstrated experience of providing high levels of customer service, including listening to feedback or complaints and delivering swift pragmatic solutions
- A Disciplined, discreet and professional approach to work
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical people
- A good level of computer literacy and keyboard skills, including knowledge of basic packages such as MS Office Word and Excel
- Flexibility of working hours. There is an element of out of hours cover required for regional health and safety matters, for which call out allowances will be paid.
- Full UK driving license and your own vehicle
- Previous experience of working with Vending Machines and payphones
Normal hours of work 35 hours per week, between the hours of 8am and 8pm. They are operational 7 days a week therefore weekend working may be required.
Statutory Bank Holidays are normal working days at their Hospital sites but you may book holiday on Bank Holidays with approval from your Line Manager.
This role will require attendance at site in the event of a code red callout outside of normal working hours, in line with the current Out of Hours procedure.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Customer Support, Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Administrator, Business Administration, Business Administration Support, Admin Support, Administrative, Client Service, Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Advisor, Customer Service, Application Support Officer, Application Support, IT Application Support, may also be considered for this role.
Posted 46 days ago