Senior Building Surveyor
Birmingham, West Midlands
GBP50000 - GBP70000 per annum
Our clients Building Surveying team is going from strength and strength, with a diverse pipeline of projects across the retail, health, energy, commercial property, education and public sectors.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Knowledge of building surveying professional services desirable but not essential
- Mentoring and training the junior Building Surveyors in the APC programme.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes in the West Midlands.
A B.Sc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS.
Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
Experience of mentoring and training junior team members
Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 46 days ago