Early Years Practitioner
London, Greater London, England
£18k - 22k per year
Level 3 or higher - Early Years Practitioner/Educator - £18k to £22k DOE - London, UK
We are looking for a motivated and caring Level 3 or higher - Early Years Practitioner/Educator to provide safe, high quality education and care for a group of children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to contribute to Little Lamps Nursery's interests and to implement Little Lamps Nursery policies. The ideal candidate will be qualified and willing to learn and share knowledge, as well as attend training. This is an exciting opportunity to grow with the nursery as we expand!
The key responsibilities of a Level 3 or higher - Early Years Practitioner/Educator include, but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for drawing up long term, medium term and term by term curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Being responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children
- Working as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- Implementing systems of observation and record keeping so that children's progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed
- Liaising closely with parents/carers, informing them about the group and its curriculum, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement
- Being involved in activities outside of working hours, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fairs, etc.
- Being flexible in undertaking other responsibilities/roles where needed, such as preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Ensuring good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
Little Lamps Nursery is a new play and learn educational institution based in North West London.
The greatest work a parent, a community or a society can undertake is to educate, train and prepare the next generation. Ensuring that tomorrow's young adults are not only ready for earning a living but are also ready to serve, hold high moral and human values and are imbued with good character, integrity and compassion. Join us on our journey in establishing a play and learn preschool for 2.5 to 4-year olds!
The key skills and qualities of a Level 3 or higher - Early Years Practitioner/Educator:
- CACHE Level 3 Certificate in pre-school practice or equivalent Level 3 EYFS Qualification; Paediatric First Aid certificate; and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check which confirms suitability to work with children
- Previous experience of working with young children, a minimum 2 years at level 3 and sound knowledge of the Early Years' foundation stage
- Understanding of SEN and planning, monitoring, EHCP
- Friendly, flexible approach with good communication skills and customer awareness, able to build and develop strong partnerships with children, parents and staff
- Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities; and young children and families
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Sound knowledge of safeguarding and statutory requirements, including knowledge of legislations relevant to Early Years, such as the Childcare Act 2006
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Posted 44 days ago