Service Designer Education
£400 - £425 per day
Service Designer Education
6 months initially
This is a service design role, supporting research and product/service design activity across multiple product portfolios for our clients Global Product Organisation.
As part of our London Experience Design team, you will support the Lead Service Designer in documenting current and future service experiences across our product/service landscape, defining new service design proposals, identifying areas for potential optimisation and improvement with existing services, and quantifying the cost and impact of such improvements, using metrics of cost, complexity of implementation, customer satisfaction and revenue.
Your research and proposals will depict target experience architectures in an accessible visual manner, supporting the further elaboration and delivery of vibrant, compelling and efficacious service experiences by multiple stakeholder groups and both internal and external delivery partners.
The resulting experiences will inform both the configuration of our backstage services and our front stage product offerings, combine services, technology and content in ways that engage and delight our customers, online and offline.
Youll manage logistics relating to our research and design processes, planning and coordinating research, both field studies around the world and in our purposebuilt, state of the art Experience Lab in Central London.
- Support operational and logistical delivery of service research and design
Deliver clear visual representations of current and future Pearson service environments, highlighting customer painpoints, potential areas for added customer value, and other businesscustomer interactions
- Liaise between the Experience Design team and other functional teams, maintaining regular communication with key stakeholders to support continuous improvement and mitigate risk
- Undertake and participate in a wide range of qualitative research, to inform the design of optimal educational experiences
- Develop vibrant and engaging service proposals that engage new, potential and existing users, by defining both service provision and product experiences which will delight our customers, driving engagement
- Support delivery teams by developing service specifications, crosssystem workflow diagrams and service blueprints, surfacing a holistic and consistent view of Pearson services to multiple functional silos
- Socialise service design artefacts with Marketing and Technology stakeholders, leveraging their insight and input to achieve buyin to service design techniques and supporting their own research approaches
- Work closely with UX and UI designers to establish coherence within and, where appropriate, commonality across digital experiences on a range of form factors, including desktop and mobile
- Specify and explain service experiences to software development teams, to inform and oversee the implementation of your proposals
- Rationalise and articulate feedback arising from research, to explain and contextualise the implied design recommendations for Product Owners, stakeholders and peers
- Multitask across multiple projects and remaining calm under pressure
Minimum Required Skills:
- 23 years of service design experience, ideally working closely with user experience / product design teams
- Postgraduate qualification(s) or equivalent experience in HCI or another design or research discipline
- Knowledge and experience of modelling service environments, user flows and business processes
- Experienced in the creation of prototypes, for example storyboards or UI prototypes
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with a range of local and international stakeholders
- Experience of digital educational content (desirable but not essential)
Minimum Education Requirement:
Postgraduate qualification(s) or equivalent experience in HCI or another design or research discipline
Posted 40 days ago