Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
£550 - £850 per week
Full-Time Science Teacher - Potential Permanent Post
Teaching Personnel are working alongside a large Secondary School in Newcastlewho are hoping to recruit a Science Teacher to join their welcoming staff team for the Academic year 2019-2020.
The position is for a full-time teacher and the school are welcoming all CV's regardless of whether your subject specialism is Biology, Chemistry or Physics. They are willing to change around timetables to suit the right teacher, therefore you should be teaching your specialist subject throughout the majority of your timetable.
- Full-time Science teacher, required from September 2019until the end of the academic year
- 3-12 month temporary role teaching afull timetable, with a potential to gopermanent
- Teaching Triple Science across KS3 - KS4 but specialist subject prioritised
- Must hold subject specific qualifications within Science
- Both experienced and newly qualified Science teachersare welcome to apply as relevant induction support will be provided
- Pay in line with teaching scale point(£23,720 - £39,406 per annum)
- Secondary school looking for ambitious staff tohelp improve overall student attainment
The successful Science teacher will be expected to:
- Support with the development of Schemes of Work in line with the National Curriculum for Science.
- Plan, prepare and deliver differentiated Science lessons to meet the needs of individual learners at various levels of learning.
- Assess and evaluate class work reporting back to senior teachers in order to take appropriate action to support pupils in meeting their aims and objectives.
- Promote positive behaviour management skills amongst pupils and manage behaviour in line with school behaviour policies.
Our client school is located in Newcastle and is very accessible from Northumberland, Sunderland and Teesside. For non-drivers, there are several public transportation links from surrounding areas of Newcastle.
The incoming Science teacher will be required to deliver pupil centred lessons throughout the creation of comprehensive lesson plans incorporating various methods of teaching to ensure pupils are actively engaged and understand the materials clearly. It will also be important to collaborate with senior teachers in order to establish new activities to boost students' attainment and allocate resources correctly.
Science Teachers are urged to apply for this position. For immediate consideration, please submit a full CV to Stuart Hawkins. To obtain further information, please contact the Tyne and Wear Secondary Office on the contact number provided below.
Posted 17 days ago