Llay, Wrexham, North Wales
Up to £45,000 (potentially negotiable)
HGV Mechanic / Fitter
Are you an experienced HGV Mechanic / Fitter with solid working knowledge of heavy goods vehicles and trailers who would relish the opportunity to join a multi award winning, family orientated company?
Platts Commercial Services provides a wide range of services designed to keep HGVs on the road, with up to date facilities including 2 full-length inspection pits, modern equipment, software and technology. Platts Commercial Services is part of Platts Animal Bedding, a market-leading UK manufacturer and supplier of quality animal bedding, established for over 40 years. Platts is an ambitious company and has recently made a £1 million investment within its production facility.
Working from the depot located in Wrexham, you'll be part of an employee focused company that truly believes the whole team plays a key role in the business' success, and each team member is actively encouraged and supported to develop and progress their skills and reach their full potential.
As the HGV Mechanic / Fitter, you will work as part of a team of 4, with duties to include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out routine and preventative maintenance inspections for over 120 HGV trailers
- Identifying faults on trailers and carrying out repairs to the highest possible standards
- Attending breakdowns and call outs where appropriate
- Carrying out pre-MOT inspections and presenting vehicles and trailers for MOT testing at the company's on site DVSA Authorised Testing Facility
- Completing vehicle service sheets and job card documentation to the required standard
- Ensuring that the company's excellent road worthiness reputation with VOSA is maintained
- Assisting with the training and development of two apprentices
What will I need to be considered for this HGV Mechanic / Fitter vacancy?
- Proven experience and knowledge as a Mechanic working with heavy goods trailers and their components
- Qualified HGV Mechanic to at least City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a HGV technical qualification
- Hold a C+E driving licence, and preferably hold a Drivers CPC qualification
- Excellent understanding of vehicle/trailer roadworthiness and the ability to ensure that they are maintained in line with up to date VOSA standards
- Experience of working to health and safety, and COSHH requirements
- Computer literate with experience of using email and Microsoft Office applications
Although not essential, proven experience of fabrication and welding would be highly advantageous for this role.
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a friendly, positive and professional team within a well-established and employee focused company, where you will be provided with opportunities for continuous professional development.
Salary : £35,000 to £45,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications. Salary is open for negotiation for the right candidate.
Contract: Permanent, full time hours, working Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm. You will be required to work an occasional Saturday upon request.
Location : Llay (Wrexham, North Wales)
More about us:
Platts Animal Bedding was delighted to be awarded The Business Growth Award and The Apprentice of the year Award for 2018 by West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce, as well as the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Scale up Business of the Year Award for Wales, all made possible by the successful, hardworking and passionate team.
All applications for this HGV Mechanic / Fitter vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Posted 33 days ago