General Manager - Plant/Factory
Reading, Berkshire, England
General Manager -Plant/Factory
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
The General Managers will lead and direct all site staff to deliver continuous improvement of customer service, safety, service delivery and resource utilisation to achieve quality and performance targets. Develop and implement policies to ensure a safe working environment and adherence to safety standards. Develop and expand relationships with external stakeholders and organisations to ensure the protection and success of the business.
- Lead and direct all plant staff and facilities to ensure achievement of Safety, Quality and Performance targets for all service delivery activities.
- Lead and direct the site leadership team, ensuring that functional objectives (KPI's) for each Manager/Leader are achieved.
- Develop and implement systems for employee involvement and development and, through the leadership team, ensure that all employees understand their individual objectives, are committed to achieving them and are well briefed on company and safety issues. Work with leadership team to establish training needs for all staff and ensure they are achieved.
- Lead, develop and deliver performance improvement plans ensuring the achievement of budgets and overall company performance targets through the leadership team.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, organisations, potential new business, and other outside bodies to maintain and improve the company's image and commercial position.
- Lead and direct ongoing improvements in both operational and occupational safety. Ensure the timely investigation of all accidents and incidents and ensure that recommendations are implemented.
- Apply strategic planning to determine site objectives are in line with company strategic goals, ensuring the site leadership team understand them.
The Successful Applicant
- To be considered for these fantastic General Manager positions our client is looking for:
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5 ideally in Business Administration or Engineering, or equivalent.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Knowledge of managing plant operations with technical knowledge covering manufacturing and Production, Engineering and service functions
- Understanding and experience of B2B business relationships and managing part of an operational organisation to achieve performance targets
- Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- An analytical and strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers' perspective.
- Ability to motivate people, with a coaching style that builds effective teams and manages performance positively.
- Drive to succeed and develop within an organisation
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting
Posted 41 days ago