£50000 - £55000 per annum +
Are you a System Administrator whos experienced within Linux based environments, Virtualisation and capable of Scripting? If so, one of Baths rapidly expanding businesses would love to hear from you.
Due to the companys continued growth within domestic and international markets, the business is looking for System Administrators, Sys Admins or Operational Engineers skilled with Linux (Any Flavour), Virtualisation & Scripting. You will be an integral part towards new and existing customers, helping build labs, deploy environments and upgrade systems.
Being a System Administrator skilled within Linux, Virtualisation & Scripting, you will help deliver onpremise infrastructure or cloud based solutions, face to face, whether the customer themselves are based domestically or internationally. Having a background within Linux you will be willing to take on a wide range of integration, delivery, implementation and technical support activities.
The following skills are required. However, the company will not expect you to have outstanding experience within each category, and will help to provide daily support in areas of;
- Linux Operating systems Any adaptation or flavour will be suitable (Linux, Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos, Fedora, Debian, Solaris, Suse, RHEL).
- Virtualisation (Xen, VMWare, KVM, HyperV).
- Resilient and redundant file systems (ZFS and DRBD, btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions).
- Shell scripting (BASH, Python, Perl, Ruby, and PowerShell).
Other areas of your role will include;
- Providing guidance and familiarisation to customers deploying and using the companys solution.
- Building and maintaining lab environments.
- Management and support of Linux server operating systems.
- Maintaining and Supporting virtualization software and infrastructure.
- Patching and updating the operating systems and software on company servers.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of company products, technologies and competitors.
- Automate processes to increase functionality, efficiency and simply processes.Offices are state of the art with recent renovation and expansion. Also very commutable from surrounding areas, such as; Bristol, Swindon, Gloucester. Happy to discuss company benefits over the phone.
If youre skilled within Linux and want to focus on project based work then click apply or contact Computer Futures or Stuart Lewis directly on#########
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy Registered office 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom Partnership Number OC387148 England and Wales
Posted 19 days ago