Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£27000 - £35000 per annum + plus package including car allowance
Role: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Sector: House Builder
Salary: £25,000 £35,000, car allowance, bonus, and benefits
- A busy house builder are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with 2 years post graduate experience and a desire to work for a large residential developer.
- My client are a national house builder delivering new build properties to a wide range of customers varying from luxury family homes to townhouses, cottages and apartments located in new communities, urban, suburban or rural locations creating places of character and quality. Their homes are designed to work for the way people live today with materials and landscaping that reflect their commitment to quality, style and character.
- As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will proactively support the commercial team on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial / financial and contractual elements of the designated projects.
- Subcontract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of subcontract accounts and variation accounts
- Change management control
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
- To support the QS in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Assisting the QS over contractual issues and take action as required
- Measure progress, assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Process subcontractor requests for payment and issue of notices
- Assist in completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designation projects
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Logical and auditable collation of supporting financial documentation
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Ensure the company is neither compromise nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply change
- You will currently be an Assistant Quantity Surveyor either with a house builder or a main contractor experience.
- HNC / HND Qualified Quantity Surveyor or similar discipline
- Well organised with high attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Full driving licence
The company will also consider candidates either currently undertaking studies towards a Quantity Surveyor qualification (ideally in final year with relevant work experience).
To apply please use the link below, or for further information please contact Laura Murphy at Bromaks head office in Bolton on#########
Posted 49 days ago