Software Quality Automation Intern
St. Louis, MO, USA
Software Quality Engineer Intern
As a Software Quality Engineer Intern, you will develop processes & systems to ensure the quality, reliability, and performance of the core systems running several of Equifax’s core lines of business. The Core Software Engineering groups are essential in developing reusable code for data processing and fulfillment system and products. This internship position is responsible for perform general application development activities as an embedded team member of one of our Core Software Engineering delivery teams. Equifax is seeking bright, determined Quality Engineer Intern who can thrive in a dynamic environment; someone who is excited about the opportunity to make an immediate impact with their work and bring new and innovative solutions for our customers.
- Develop and maintain automated tests, test scenarios, scripts and test plans
- Detect software quality issues; report and track them to resolution
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Participate in the testing of production emergency bug fixes
- Proactively develop innovative methods to constantly improve the quality process.
- Monitor debugging process results
- Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites.
- Serve as a contact for input and interpretation of issues that impact product performance and system stability
- Collaborate with team members to understand and validate configuration settings to ensure optimal product performance, scalability and availability for production environments.
- Prepare training materials, provide user training and implementation support.
- Work closely with the development team to analyse, debug and resolve any issues.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review.
- Communicate effectively with developers and QE peers and other stakeholders in the QE organization.
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Assist in post-implementation continuous improvement efforts to enhance systems and applications
- Participate as a team member in the agile software development process
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving, and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn coding & scripting languages as needed
- Knowledge of software QE methodologies, tools and processes
- Exposure to automated testing tools like Selenium
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and good software engineering practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently as needed
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other Technology-related field
- Ability to work on a full-time basis for the entire duration of the internship
- Rising junior or senior
- Opportunities available for Summer 2020
Primary Location: USA-St. Louis-Lackland
USA-St. Louis-2330 Ball
Function: Function - Internships
Schedule: Full time
Posted 6 days ago