Goods Inwards Senior Operative
Up to £11.00 per hour
Morson East Anglia are pleased to be working with our Client based in Beccles who are currently looking for an experienced Goods Inwards Senior Operative.
- Your role will consist of, but will not be restricted to the following:
- Job Description
- Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for achieving the shortterm objectives set by the Purchasing Manager stock control, distribution of materials, quality, waste, housekeeping and safety.
- The Senior Operator significantly effects how their team performs and has to be able to make things work, there and then.
- Promote the Companys Vision & Mission to the Team & sets a good example.
- Runs the Daily Team Meeting & takes responsibility for the Teams performance
- Coaching team members to update QSCSP charts daily
- Proactively leading improvement plans & keeps team members up to date on progress
- Dealing with problems that affect the Team & delegates responsibilities to team members to investigate improvement ideas or problems & propose solutions
- Takes problems that cannot be solved by the Team to the Daily L2 Team Leaders meeting & takes a proactive role during the meetings
- Works with other team leaders to solve problems & improve overall company performance.
- Responsible for making sure that:
- The Companys Policies & Rules are followed & sets a good example
- Work is organised or reorganised to cover shortnotice holidays & absences
- Jobs or projects are completed on time, works orders are properly completed & returned
- Work is carried out according to instructions by trained team members
- Team members follow the Companys Quality Assurance Procedures
- Team members perform to the best they can & are encouraged in a positive way
- Team members get the training needed for every job or process, especially new ones
- Problems are solved by the Team whenever possible
- Incoming goods are inspected ensuring the quality of parts are correct
- Non conformances, lost time is recorded correctly, along with the cause & reported.
- A system is in place for locating stock ensuring product is labelled and easy to locate
- Materials are issued to various departments on time and efficiently
- Stock take is accurate and completed each month on time
- Stock levels are maintained avoiding run outs and reorder points on materials are maintained & upheld
- All documentation within the goods inwards department is kept up to date
- Candidate Specification
- Computer skills Good understand of Excel, Microsoft office and database systems
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capable of prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Good MRP Experience
- Good communicator, inter personal skills
- Forklift License (Training will be given if necessary)
- Physically Fit
- This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress within an organisation that has several sites across the UK and Overseas.
- For more information please telephone Leiston#########
- Alternatively please email your CV
Posted 14 days ago