Aberdeen, Aberdeen City, Scotland
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen is part of BMI Healthcare , Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
BMI Healthcare's Albyn Hospital is a fantastic place to work. Located in the west end of Aberdeen it is the only independent hospital serving Grampian and the North of Scotland. BMI Albyn provides a range of inpatient, outpatient and day-case specialties including orthopaedic, cardiology, cosmetic surgery, general surgery and urology. Facilities on-site include 27 beds, three operating theatres, outpatient consulting rooms, Imaging and physiotherapy departments. We are regulated by HIS and are proud of our recent Good to Excellent rating which affirms our commitment of putting patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
We have an opportunity for a Pathology Co-ordinator to join their team of staff in the Pathology department.
This is a Part time role for 25 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a clinical environment/ medical laboratory.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Able to work with numbers for billing and revenue capture purposes.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to handle clinical material in a safe manner.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Supporting the Pathology department, by acting as a link between the department and other clinical departments, including Ward and Theatres. To perform tasks associated with specimen handling, dispatch and transport in an effective and correct manner, managing the dispatch of laboratory results.
- To maintain efficient processes and perform tasks associated with specimen collection and handling, to handover to laboratory staff and provide advice on such to the wider hospital.
- Adequate checking of specimens, ensuring correct packaging and dispatch of specimens.
- Act as a key user for IMS Maxims / other electronic Pathology Order Communication System where in use; ensure correct data entry into IMS Maxims / other ordering system when placing requests with receiving laboratory, where in use.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 32 days ago