Physiotherapist, The Avalon Centre
As a Physiotherapist at The Avalon Centre, you will be working within a transdisciplinary team providing neurobehavioral rehabilitation services. You will be responsible for service users physical assessments, and managing a developing pathway and recovery plans. It is essential you are confident in producing high quality, accurate and concise written reports and documentation and providing guidance and training to your peers.
You will be responsible for service users assessments, and managing a developing pathway and recovery plans. It is essential you are confident in producing high quality, accurate and concise written reports and documentation and providing guidance and training to your peers.
You will be working at The Avalon Centre, a 20 bed Neurobehavioral rehabilitation service, situated in Swindon. You will be working alongside a team that provides care and support to those with neurological conditions.
Location Swindon, Wiltshire
Hours 37.5 per week
Closing Date 24th October 2019
- Supports and assists qualified staff in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient rehabilitation care.
- Responsibility for the delivery of Physiotherapy services to residents, in liaison with the Hospital Director
- Providing expert professional leadership in all aspects of Physiotherapy following the principles of clinical governance and in accordance with the code of professional conduct as required by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Working as a member of the transdisciplinary team.
- To be responsible and accountable for physiotherapy assessments and treatment of complex neurological conditions.
- To implement and evaluate individual treatment and rehabilitation plans liaising with other relevant agencies as appropriate.
- Utilise effective clinical reasoning skills and evidenced based practice to develop individualised care plans.
- To deliver a high standard of clinical care and maintain service delivery at The Avalon Centre by flexible, effective and efficient prioritisation based on clinical judgement.
- To select and apply standardised and nonstandardised Physiotherapy and other professional assessment tools to ensure effective treatment.
- To participate in collecting and analysing clinical audit data and use of relevant outcome measures.
- To carry out clinical risk assessment and complete risk management plans.
- To identify and source specialist equipment for all residents with complex physical needs that require use of nonstandard items.
- To provide ongoing treatment, monitoring, support and assessment of residents physical needs.
- To assist with maintaining ranges of movement and management of spasticity for residents at risk.
To be successful in this role, youll need
Relevant Physiotherapy Degree or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- CSP Registration
Previous neurological or rehabilitation physio experience
- Registered member of the Health & Care Professions Council
- Previous experience of providing physiotherapy in a similar environment or client group
- Up to date knowledge of evidence based best practice in the physiotherapy field
- Working knowledge of regulatory frameworks and regulatory body inspection processes and documentation
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development
- Experience of working with individuals in prolonged disorder of consciousness including respiratory input is desirable but not essential
What you will get
- Annual salary
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
Each and every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Posted 22 days ago