Shift Maintenance Engineer
West Lothian, Scotland
Brightwork have a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Maintenance Engineer to join their client's successful plastics manufacturing companty based in West Lothian.
The role of Shift Maintenance Engineer, which will help drive the company's TPM and line availability improvement programme, will report directly into the Engineering Manager and will clearly interface with the senior shift management team on site.
The site has in place a traditional workshop with grinders, turning machines, welding equipment etc and the role is as an autonomous engineer working within a small shift team of extrusion operatives. The role is classed within a mid to heavy engineering environment within a fast moving production arena and the role would be appointed onto a 4 on 4 off continental shift pattern working 6 till 6 Dayshift/Nightshift.
Ideal candidates will be a multi skilled self starter, requiring low supervision and ideally time served through an electrical or mechanical apprenticeship although consideration will be given to applicants with commensurate experience
- Skills within fabrication and machining
- Electrical fault finding
- Rotating machinery including pumps, motors and valves
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective team facilitator
- PLC exposure
- DC motor exposure
- Polymer processing experience, ideally within extrusion
- Good influencer able to fully demonstrate change management skills
Although not essential any of the following would be advantageous.
- Maguire feed system experience
- Ideally 17 th or 18 th edition electrically qualified
- FLT license
- IPAF License
- Gantry crane operative
Salary Negotiable + excellent benefits
Please apply by submitting your CV.
BWSR offers the services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
Posted 12 days ago