Up to £9.36 per hour
To assist the chefs and catering management team in the day to day provision of the catering services for the home. In particular carrying out the scheduled cleaning programme, washing up, basic food prep and other duties as reasonably requested by the senior staff on duty.
Your daytoday tasks will include:
- Cleaning the work areas of the kitchen as directed by the chefs and cleaning schedule, including surfaces, floors, walls, equipment used in the processes of food preparation. This may be manual or through the dishwasher, as suitable for the task
- Completion and sign off of cleaning check lists
- Working to a flexible rota within the hours allocated, covering for holidays and sickness as appropriate.
- Supporting the Catering/Chef Manager in putting away deliveries ensuring stock is rotated and labelled appropriately..
- Ensuring food, health and safety regulations and HCC AS policies are strictly observed
- Helping with food preparation including special diets to meet specific needs of individual residents.
- Show commitment to HCC values in all aspects of your role, being a positive ambassador for Adult Services, upholding policies and statutory legislation as a minimum standard.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to think quickly, work in stressful circumstances and stay calm in a crisis
- Support the Catering/Chef Manager with meal budgeting and stocktaking through reducing waste and correct portion control
- Good working knowledge food hygiene (including hazard analysis and critical control points) and health and safety. Ensuring food is dated and labelled and
- Be prepared to support other home catering teams/new managers from time to time.
- Strong team working in your department and across the home.
- Treat all staff, visitors and residents in a respectful and positive manner
- Be responsible for your own CPD and seek to improve your own skills to the benefit of the business.
Food, Health and Safety:
- Ensure excellent standards of food hygiene and health and safety practices are delivered.
- Ensure all equipment is looked after and maintained in good working order, reporting any non conformances and breakdowns to the Catering/Chef Manager in a timely manner using the correct local procedures.
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are kept to a high standard of cleanliness, cleaning schedules are appropriate and records demonstrate compliance.
- Ensure waste is kept to a minimum and discarded in the appropriate way, encouraging and supporting recycling practices in the team.
Promoting a strong health and safety culture with the kitchen and home
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Posted 44 days ago