Senior Mechanical Standards/Maintenance Engineer
Houston, TX, USA
Provision of deep mechanical engineering expertise and judgment in service of the assets, working closely with Area Engineering to ensure efficient handover of all issues that require discipline engineering input to resolve.
Ensure pragmatic solutions are implemented for management of risk, production efficiency improvement, maintenance, defect elimination and engineering standardization in support of safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Provides mechanical engineering (ME) expertise to other teams by performing and reviewing complex, or non-routine mechanical engineering calculations and analyses. (Comment: Relevant teams include Projects & Mods, IM, Maintenance, Program Execution.)
- Provides ME expertise to MoCs and to brownfield projects and modifications. (Comment: Relevant support activities involve regulatory compliance, deviations from technical practice/specifications, design reviews, procurement support for complex packages, life cycle operability, Category Management and SQM activities.)
- Provides ME expertise to hazard identification and risk assessment processes. (Comment: Relevant hazard identification and risk assessment processes include MoCs, HAZOPs, LOPAs, HAZIDs, Human Factors Analysis, What-Ifs, Vulnerability studies, Bow-ties and Risk Action Plans.)
- Provides ME expertise in performing incident investigations (IRIS) and defect investigations (OPTIMA).
- Ensures that the inspection, testing, maintenance and condition monitoring tasks in CMMS and Operator Workbench are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
- Develops and updates the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment performance feedback and performs periodic review of CMMS and Operator Workbench effectiveness. (Comment: Relevant equipment performance feedback includes inspection, testing and maintenance data, KPIs, condition monitoring data, equipment MoC and findings from defect investigations.)
- Performs reliability analysis for mechanical equipment using surveillance, maintenance and condition monitoring data, and trends performance metrics.
- Provides ME expertise to delivery of regional actions. Leads on resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is mechanical engineering. (Comment: Relevant sources of actions include HAZOP/LOPA, HVLs, Learning Alerts/Bulletins, Audit findings, IRIS/Traction, RAP, F4S, MoC, OPTIMA and engineering studies).
- Records relevant learnings in shared learning systems, incorporates into local activities and escalates high priority lessons.
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelors or similar
- 8+ years experience in technically focused Mechanical Engineering position
- Experience participating in HAZOP/LOPAS
- Experience utilizing CMMS and understanding of it's value
Experience conducting Reliability Assessments on offshore asset
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 12 days ago