IT Technician 12/18 Month Contract
£23000 - £26000 per annum
Our Rushden based client is recruiting an IT Technician on a contract basis (1218 months) to support their business in relation to hardware and software maintenance, repair and upgrades. Also, to ensure all users are set up with all required I.T equipment and adequately trained, and maintain the security and sustainability of our systems and networks.
Duties & Responsibilities will include
- Set up of new users and/or workstations as required: computers, peripheral devices, install and configure appropriate software according to specifications. Work with Head Office support team to set up new accounts, profiles and passwords.
- Maintain functionality of hardware/software and conduct any repairs: diagnose and resolve and faults within the Windows operating system and across a range of software applications, also with printers, copiers, scanners, projectors, etc.
- Ensure security and sustainability of our systems and networks: test and evaluate new technology, support the rollout of any new software, working with Head Office support team to escalate any issues as is necessary and ensure they are resolved.
- Provide training and support to new and existing users across Campus, on how to operate any software and I.T equipment, including resolving and password/access issues
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct periodic inspections and checks on all hardware, particularly in preparation for Peak periods, ensuring no conflict or disturbance to users and the operation
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft applications, along with a good understanding of a diverse range of computer software and hardware. In depth knowledge of different computer system
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within a fastpaced retail/ecommerce environment. A relevant qualification would be advantageous e.g. Microsoft or Cisco certification.
- Experience with computer repair, having the ability to analyse and diagnose issues, with good decisionmaking and problemsolving skills.
- Excellent organisational and timemanagement skills, with good attention to detail. Should work efficiently and effectively without supervision, demonstrating good initiative.
- A strong customer focus and can work successfully within a dynamic and vibrant team, with the ability to communicate effectively with nontechnical users and explain issues with clarity and simplicity to ensure understanding.
The working hours are 40 hrs per week.
If interested, please email your CV now for immediate consideration.
Posted 31 days ago