Kirkby, Merseyside, England
£10.50 PH plus overtime @ time and a half and night out payments
Permanent (Full time)
Location: Kirkby, Liverpool
Salary: £10.50 PH plus overtime @ time and a half and night out payments; plus company pension and bonus scheme
Hours of Work: Full Time hours as required over seven days per week. This will include evening, night and occasional weekend working.
Hours of work and rest periods will be managed to comply with relevant working time legislation e.g. The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005 and the EU Drivers Hours Rules. Weekly hours will average not more than 48 hours per week over the agreed reference period. In accordance with the Regulations, working time does not include rest periods and periods of availability. You will also be required to spend nights away from your normal place of work on a regular basis (up to 5 nights per week).
About the company:
Our client is one of the largest national providers of liquid waste removal; industrial services such as tank and interceptor cleaning; labour provision to industry; hazardous waste removal; oil/water separation and specialist metal recovery. They are a growing national company with a reputation for excellent service delivery. They now employ over 300 staff in depots across the country with sites based in Liverpool, Hull, Rugby, Honiton, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Teesside and several more.
LGV Driver Responsibilities:
- Carry out driving and other duties (during the course of which ensuring that):-
- Company policies, procedures risk assessments and method statements are complied with
- All H & S legislation requirements are met
- Transport legislation requirements are met
- To be courteous and professional at all times to customers, colleagues and general public.
- To ensure that daily duties are carried out in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- To ensure daily vehicle checks are undertaken (defect reports filled out), daily tachograph records are completed in accordance with current legislation and company policy and procedures.
- Report immediately to Transport Manager any issues that affect operations including observations/comments made by customers (negative and positive) that may improve efficiency or service.
- Imperative to wear company supplied uniform and PPE (if applicable) at all times.
- Ensuring that vehicles and equipment under the control of the operative are safe to use and operated in accordance with manufacturers and company policy and procedures.
- Ensure customers are treated with courtesy at all times.
- Ensure client is informed at all times regarding task and H&S issues.
- To work under own initiative and without supervision.
- Maintain good timekeeping.
- Flexible working.
- Work records, Duty of Care tickets, and all relevant documentation to be completed in full and in accordance with Future Industrial Services policies and procedures daily and returned to head office at the earliest opportunity. Timesheets are to be returned weekly.
- Roadside stops by the authorities are reported immediately to the Transport Manager.
LGV Driver Requirements:
- Category C+E driving licence valid for UK
- Driver CPC
- Digital Tacho Card
- Previous experience of driving articulated LGVs (tankers desirable)
- Numerate and literate to complete paperwork associated with post
LGV Driver Benefits:
- 20 days plus 8 bank holidays PA
- Company pension after three months
- Company bonus scheme
If you feel that you may be suitable for this LGV Driver role then please apply now!
Posted 68 days ago