Principal Acoustic Consultant Leeds
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Due to significant growth in the business, we have an urgent requirement for a highly skilled Principal Acoustic Consultant to join a widely recognised independent multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in Planning, Regeneration and Environmental Consultancy with a thriving acoustic department which forms an integral part of the organisation. Successful applicants will have considerable experience in a similar role with a strong background across a broad range of acoustics/noise and vibration with particular emphasis on environmental acoustics to secure and develop new business, provide technical and project leadership and ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- Qualified to degree level in acoustics/noise and vibration
- Significant acoustic consultancy experience at Principal level
- The ability to demonstrate a proven track record in effective project and people management.
- A proven track record of business development
- An extensive and detailed understanding of Environmental Acoustics
- Previous experience as Project Manager, to include budgeting, submitting proposals to clients, programming and report writing.
- The ability to nurture and develop the technical capabilities of a team through effective management.
- Overall Project Management responsibilities for project of various sizes
- Develop and secure new business, negotiating with clients and contractors in order to develop existing relationships and to forge new business relationships in order to develop the acoustics sector within the business.
- Managing project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines
- Responding to enquiries, communicating with clients to establish their needs and drafting fee proposals
- provide technical leadership
- lead on project delivery and take responsibility for the support team and associated recruitment, performance appraisals and personal development plans
- expert advice in inquiries and planning appeals
- The current client portfolio is varied and the successful candidate will work on a number of public and private sector projects across the UK and worldwide, the work comprising of all aspects of acoustic consultancy including
- statutory nuisance; Mineral Extraction, Waste management, land filling, open cast mining, wind farms, energy from waste facilities, residential developments, road, rail and air, construction, manufacturing, retail, and recycling; gas/energy; architectural and sound insulation testing;
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Personal pension scheme
- Generous salary
- KEY WORDS Acoustics, Acoustic consultant, Noise, Sound, Vibration, CADNAA, Noise monitoring, Noise modeling, IOA, sound reduction index testing, amioa, mioa, ppg24, BB93, ppg24, end 2002/49/ce, bs4142, ISO 17025, Leeds. South Yorkshire
- Interested in this or other roles in Acoustics please do not hesitate to contact Amir Gharaati on ######### or call######### We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Posted 30 days ago