Support Worker - Gainsborough
£16,250 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
We are looking for a dedicated Support Worker to join our Gainsborough Supported Living team.
We provide support to a variety of people with a learning disability in their own homes and in the community.
The suitable candidate will be working shifts on a rota basis. Flexibility is essential to this role as shifts will be spread across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays including mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep ins.
The role of a Support Worker is sometimes challenging but greatly rewarding, the types of support we provided includes;
- Promoting independence.
- Social and leisure activities
- Personal budget plans and paying bills
- Maintaining tenancy agreements
- Maintaining relationships with families, day services and health care professionals
- Maintain personal hygiene and care needs
- Maintain health needs, this may include support with medication or attending appointments
- Cleaning tasks to ensuring their homes are clean and tidy
- Developing hobbies and interests in their local community including
- Promote healthy eating and helping with planning, preparing and cooking meals.
- Maintain records about their support
As a support Worker at Mencap you will provide as much or as little support required by each individual as we focus on person centered support.You do not need to have experience in this sector to apply, but you will need to be a caring, positive and trustworthy person who is keen to support adults with a learning disability.
Vacancy ID: 16761
Posted 6 days ago