Dursley, Gloucestershire, England
£8.88 per hour
In conjunction with the Store and Team Managers, maximise the sales and gross profit contribution from the store through effective monitoring of the key areas. The Team Leader will be required to support the store’s management team in managing, coaching and developing the store team through objectives aimed at actively contributing to achieving positive results against the measures and targets set within the Society’s Steering Wheel.
Being responsible for a team of Customer Service Assistants to deliver exceptional Customer Service, presentation and availability standards, whilst maintaining the effective operation of the store by providing management cover and putting the Customer and the community at the heart of everything we do.
However, occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
The post holder shall:
- Role model exceptional Customer Service, so that the expected standard is clear for team members and every Customer has a positive, outstanding shopping experience.
- Fulfil the Duty Manager function in the absence of the Store and Team Managers and demonstrate responsibility and flexibility in their working arrangements to ensure that the store always has the appropriate level of management team support to match the needs of the business.
- Share the responsibility for store alarm monitoring and as and when required respond to out of hours call outs.
- Maintain the store operation whilst always putting the Customer first; taking responsibility in the absence of a more senior colleague so that effective management cover is provided at all times and the safety and security of the store, its people, Customers, cash and assets are protected.
- Organise the work of Customer Service Assistants, communicating expected Customer Service standards and ways of working; acting as a “store buddy” for new Colleagues, so that they perform their roles effectively and work well together as a team.
- Manage the performance of a team of Customer Service Assistants on a day to day basis to create a knowledgeable, skilled and engaged team so that the highest standards of Customer Service and store operating practices are achieved at all times.
- Use the Society Steering Wheel to measure and monitor store performance and engage all Colleagues by ensuring their full awareness and understanding of this tool.
- Liaise with the Team Manager to plan and record colleague requirements and availability, so that required coverage is achieved and Colleagues are paid accurately.
- Implement stock control processes (e.g. goods received, stock movement and rotation), educating Customer Service Assistants and handling issues as they arise so that damages and losses are minimised, whilst maintaining on shelf availability levels.
- Conduct all due diligence procedures (e.g. Health & Safety, temperature, date and price checks, etc) so that the store operates in line with legislation and the safety and satisfaction of Customers is assured.
- Implement all cash control and security procedures so that Colleague and Customer safety is protected and cash and stock losses are minimised.
- Promote Co-operative membership; participating in local events and community initiatives so that the Co-operative difference is brought to life in the store.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Society policies and procedures.
- Gain commitment through encouraging membership.
- Committed to supporting the local community.
- Awareness of the importance of encouraging diversity.
- Ability to effectively communicate – both verbally and in writing.
- Works well in a team.
- Has experience of supervising staff.
- Good understanding of the importance of high standards of store appearance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Customer focused.
- Commitment to and understanding of health and safety.
- Good organisation skills.
- Environmental awareness.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Actively encourages innovation and sharing ideas.
- Some budgeting experience;
- Some experience of managing store costs;
- Ability to work with Store Manager to maximise sales.
- Competency in basic IT applications.
- Previous supervisory experience
Posted 6 days ago