Electrical Installation Lecturer
Choice Teachers are helping a 'GOOD' College in Wigan search for a Electrical installation Lecturer.
This role will be full time 37 hours per week, it is a permanent Job so they do offer quite a good package, 40 days holiday, plus 2 weeks off at Christmas , 8 Bank holidays plus 10 days working from home.
The college are looking for someone who has previous experience in the industry you will be teaching level 2, 3 and Apprenticeships. You will be delivering on inspection testing, science, Fault finding and Practical electrical installation sessions.
The main responsibility will include:
- To ensure that students achieve their academic potential by contributing to the effective planning, outstanding delivery and implementation of formative and summative assessment in line with the awarding body requirements and the College Learning Framework
- To develop and deliver best practice in learning, teaching and assessment
- To keep up-to-date with curriculum initiatives, development of standards and general developmental and professional issues relating to the delivery of learning in your area
- To assess students’ work in accordance with the College and departmental assessment policies and awarding body requirements
- To assess and record students’ progress systematically using the recognised College systems and to use assessment to inform planning of lessons and homework to support students to achieve their academic potential
- To mark and return work to students in accordance to departmental policies, providing constructive oral and/or written feedback that clearly indicates strategies for improvement and progress against individual targets
- To actively respond to strengths or areas for development from students’ assessment results and to use this information to incorporate strategies to improve student performance and success rates whilst enhancing the learning experience
- To provide accurate and regular feedback on student progress and outcomes to managers and students and to use this information to continuously improve teaching and learning
- To monitor and manage student attendance and promote positive behaviour for learning, following college procedures for any unacceptable behaviour
- To implement quality procedures, contributing to thorough, evaluative programme reviews which feed into the self-assessment process
- To complete documentation, appropriate records of learner performance and administration associated with role and responsibilities
- To undergo continuous professional development as appropriate and directed
- To assist in the implementation of pastoral and welfare systems for students, including induction, recording achievements and action planning
- To act as a Personal Tutor when required, providing advice and guidance in pastoral and welfare matters to assigned students in line with College procedures
To be considered:
- DBS certificate on the update service
- Teaching qualifications
- industry experience
- Right to work in the UK
If you are interested Please contact Tori on#########
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you were unsuccessful.
Choice Teachers are committed to ensuring that we assist talented, ambitious teachers and support staff with the best opportunities to succeed by creating a platform for them to deliver whilst providing an unparalleled quality of service for our clients.
Our agency has evolved to become a successful, reliable and professional agency and is firmly established as the first-choice local agency for staff and schools alike.
Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants from all suitably qualified persons. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Posted 21 days ago