Control & Instrumentation Engineer
GBP44000 - GBP60000 per annum
Control & Instrumentation Engineer, Basingstoke, To £60,000 per annum.
Our client, an Oil & Gas company near Basingstoke are looking to employ an experienced C&I Engineer to coordinate the maintenance and improvement of process control systems and safety systems in order to allow safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Act as Lead Engineer for site functional safety, development, maintenance and support.
- Review Safety Instrumented Systems, documentation and improve process control systems
- Provide technical support to operations
- Provide Technical support for the maintenance of site wide process control systems and safety systems.
- Design and implement new process control systems and safety systems
- Produce key deliverables such as SIL verification documents and Safety Requirement Specifications.
- Produce SIL verification calculations using SIL calculation software.
- Specify, Test and Commission SIS and Control Systems.
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to the C&I Technicians and other discipline engineers.
Instrumentation hazardous area design and installation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possess an HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering field or demonstration working towards.
- Engineering knowledge and training with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Engineering knowledge, training and experience required to diagnose control system faults through root cause analysis.
- Familiarity with the design, maintenance and operation of Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Functional Safety Standards IEC 61508, 61511 FSEng.
- ATEX Standards (CompEX Ex 12).
Instrumentation design standards (IEC 60079-14).
- Must be able to plan and prioritise daily activities to ensure the safety systems and process control systems operate safely and efficiently.
- Must be a team player and participate in exchange of knowledge and communicate with all levels of management
- Diligence and reliability.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to cope with pressured situations.
- Pro-active in achieving results.
- Works in a safe and sustainable manner & strives for continuous improvement.
- Ensure successful delivery of high quality engineering
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 44 days ago