Considering a secondary PGCE? Cover Supervisor
£67 per day - PGCE & SCITT opportunities
You will be a graduate, considering a move into teaching and looking for opportunities to develop your behaviour and classroom management skills. You have an idea of what the role entails, but you feel working as a cover supervisor will provide you with a greater insight in terms of the demands and expectations of a PGCE student and eventually as a Teacher in schools across Wrexham and its surrounding villages.
Alternatively, you may be considering a change in career and thinking of returning to education and training as a potential teacher in the future.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' . We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience .
The Educate Group have been awarded the status as a 'Preferred Supplier' for Teachers and School Support staff. This forms part of the new National Procurement Service (NPS) framework for Wales and takes effect from August 2019.
We appreciate our teams' on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
What will I be expected to do?
- Complete school registers i.e. paper/SIMS etc.
- Supervise work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Manage the behaviour of pupils using each schools own protocol or system
- Respond to any questions from pupils about processes and procedures
- Interact with students (sense of humour can help) and have a strong classroom presence
- Collect all completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly flexible and enjoy working with young people
- Undergraduate degree (desirable)
- GCSE Maths and English (minimum at Grade C)
- Level 3 Coaching, Youth, Community or Teaching Assistant Certificate experience (minimum)
- Minimum of 3 months referable child based experience (mandatory)
- Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (mandatory)
- Registration or a willingness to join the EWC (Education Workforce Council) (mandatory)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted 'Teacher Training' opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.
- Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as a Graduate Cover Supervisor.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on#########
Posted 12 days ago