Stoke-on-Trent ST2, UK
8.21 per hour
- \*\*Job Title: \*\* Personal Assistant
- \*\*Location:\*\* Baddeley Green, Stoke-on-Trent
- \*\*Day/Times:\*\* 11am until 5pm Wednesday's during school holidays with the potential of additional hours outside of this request
- \*\*Hours\*\* \*\*: \*\* 6 hours per week on 1 day school holidays
- \*\*Rate of pay\*\* \*\*: \*\* £8.21 per hour
- \*\*Purpose of the Job:\*\*
I am a young girl living with my mum and siblings in the Baddeley Green area of Stoke-on-Trent. I have a diagnosis of Downs Syndrome and global development delay. I can also display challenging behaviour, trouble sleeping and have continence needs. Due to my disabilities I require 24 hour care and supervision and this can impact on my families' health and wellbeing. I require a personal assistant who will support me to develop other relationships, new experiences and opportunities. With this support my family will get short breaks from their extensive caring role to me and will provide me with opportunities outside of the family home.
- \*\*Personal Assistant Specification:\*\*
My assistant must be honest, trustworthy, and reliable, must respect my privacy and maintain my dignity at all times.
My assistant must be enthusiastic and flexible with a caring disposition. You must be able to work well as a team and independently.
Experience is preferred, but not essential as full training will be provided.
My personal assistant is accountable to my family in all aspects of their work. They should always ask what my needs are and listen to my directions and requests.
- \*\*Main Duties:\*\*
To provide constant supervision while in my company
To assist if required with toileting
To assist me to going out for food
To keep me occupied and stimulated for example: taking me to active/outdoor activities
Identify other activities that may be suitable for my needs
To keep me safe when in the home environment and out in the community
To assist me in accessing the community to experience new opportunities and activities
- \*\*The main duties identified in the job description are examples of the expectations required; I may on occasions reasonably request additional activities to be undertaken inside or outside of the home. \*\*
- \*\*The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which will be funded through your employer. \*\*
Posted 19 days ago