Troon, South Ayrshire
Up to £9 per hour
Have you got a passion with caring for others, while being a part of a growing community that values its employees?
Mears Care are looking for valued care workers to demonstrate their skills and become part of a company who respects your hard work and dedication towards our local community.
So what does a career in care look like? Job roles include:
- Providing all elements of personal care, support & assistance to clients.
- Demonstrating companionship and commitment.
- Prompting and administering medication.
- Getting to know your clients and forming a stable relationship with them.
- Meal preparation.
This particular role will be based within the local Day Care Centre as well as occasionally in the adjoined Community Cafe.
In addition to the above, the role will specifically involve:
- Transporting Service Users to and from their homes to the Day Care Centre.
- Taking part in a varied daily activity programme.
- Personal care of service users.
- Administer Medication to service users.
- General household duties.
- Communicating with customers when working in the Community Cafe.
- Driver Essential must have D1 on diving licence (Minibus 8 Seater).
- The successful candidate(s) will be working across both the Day Care Centre and the adjoined Community Cafe.
- Previous care experience preferred but not essential.
- SVQ Level 2 preferred but not essential.
You will be rewarded with a sense of community as well as a long term career path, where progression can include jobs roles such as Senior Care worker, Visiting Officer, Coordinator or Branch Manager.
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, thats why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistance Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to begin your opportunity working for a company that puts their community at heart.
Posted 45 days ago