Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£28000 - £32000 per annum
- Maintain accurate production plans that ensure the efficient and effective running of the shop floor operations in order to achieve business and customer demands.
- Develop production schedules detailing all tasks and when they should be completed in order to meet due dates.
- Responsible for effectively planning to minimise production constraints through absenteeism and holidays, as and when required. Additionally, working closely with Maintenance to ensure scheduled plant maintenance is planned with a view to minimising disruption to operations.
- Working closely with the Sales Team to understand the demands of our customers and get agreement on completion dates.
- Receive and process customer orders/schedules, clearly communicating capacity, availability, constraints and operational changes.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions.
- Regular communication meetings to be held with team leaders to ensure all production targets are achieved. Daily generation and issue of work to lists to be given to all relevant parties.
- Assist in daily production meetings focusing on arrears reduction, OTIF and total customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for accurate on time works order generation and issue.
- Responsible for instigating the booking of external inspectorate and all additional customer inspections in order to achieve delivery targets. Cost management and effective usage of external inspectorate must be taken into account and managed.
- Responsible for instigating subcontract activity, e.g. Heat Treatment, Machining.
- In liaison with purchasing, accurately plan to ensure optimum usage of WIP and slow moving stock.
- Responsible for the accurate management and control of shop floor data capture to ensure planning information and production requirements are adhered to.
- Responsible for escalating ANY production/operational issues or constraints to respective management immediately if customer/business plans are not being adhered to.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems, capacity planning tools and business application software.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing resource planning theories, principles and practices.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new requirements.
- Manages multiple priorities and maintains effective levels of customer service
- Ability to work effectively with others in a multidisciplined environment.
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Understanding of Business Operations
- Attention to Detail
- Superior Problem Solving Skills
- Permanent contract.
- Working hours: 7.45am 4:15pm Monday Thursday, 7.45am to 12.45pm Friday
- Shift working may be required at busy periods
- Contributory pension scheme
- Salary 28k to 32k
- Profit related bonus payable if company hits budgeted profit targets
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays and factory shutdown periods.
Cordant People are an employment business and equal opportunities employer.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Posted 48 days ago