Patient Administrator (Bank)
Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
Competitive hourly rates
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is located in the heart on Buckinghamshire, with their beautiful grounds and characteristic building it's a fantastic place to work.
Being a part of BMI Healthcare, means that you work for an organisation who are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of 58 hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. So whatever your role - you can expect variety, challenges, job satisfaction and a professional team who will always support you.
BMI Healthcare's Chiltern Hospital has a vacancy for a Patient Administrator to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Basic financial awareness
Duties of this role include:
- To contribute to the smooth running of the patient administrative process throughout the patient journey. Ensure the BMI best practice process maps are followed, to provide an efficient, professional and standard service to all patients, visitors, consultants and staff. All patient queries are dealt with efficiently and professionally.
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Day to day management of the referrals from the Referral Management Centre, including triage and adherence to the 18 week Referral to Treatment within set timescales and management of SPOT contract patients
- Timely resolution to clinic change requests disseminating information to relevant colleagues and consultants
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 25 days ago