Contracts Engineer - E&P Company
City of London, London
The Contracts Engineer will be involved in the development of some offshore gas fields in Europe.
As part of the Development project team, the Contracts Engineer will play a key role as a counterpart to the project team and other stakeholders. He/she will be the single point of contact for the Contract Holders that work on the project. He/she will assume responsibility for all the commercial and contractual support including, but not limited to, the development of strategies, tendering, negotiating, and awarding contracts. A lot of focus will be on post-award contract management activities mainly related to the their EPCIC contract - Variation Orders, Claims, Disputed resolution, etc.
Main objectives: business protection and risk management, add value in terms of vendor service continuity, maximize commercial value whilst ensuring project delivery and success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares Tender packages, reviews bids, conducts negotiations and administers the award of contracts and contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders.
- Drafts appropriate contractual and commercial terms & conditions to best serve and protect Company's interests.
- Reviews and amends standard contract documentation as required.
- Builds and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost effective commercial agreements for the Company.
- Provides general assistance & advice on contractual & procurement matters as required to support Company's operations.
- Document Management for all contract documents for the Project.
- Provides regular management reports on activities
- Ensures governance and compliance obligations are full addressed and documented throughout the procurement process.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or related Business subject. Additional certifications, i.e. CIPS, IACCM will also be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of international experience within an upstream Oil & Gas operating environment.
- Demonstrable experience with offshore development projects, working on FEED, EPC/ EPIC/EPICM etc., O&M contracts.
- Breadth of experience across all aspects of the supply chain contracts, including Drilling and Well Services contracts.
- Receptive to handling minor as well as major contracts.
- Complete understanding of significant legal and commercial issues
- Social competence / ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Strong drive to deliver results within budget and schedule
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
Primary language/fluent English, written and spoken.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 45 days ago