Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare's Gisburne Park Hospital located in Gisburn, Ribble Valley, and is a Grade 1 listed building set in beautiful parkland. The hospital offers services including ophthalmology, ENT, orthopaedics and gynaecology and has two operating theatres, five Consulting rooms and a physiotherapy department. We are proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC and in 2018, 99% of our patients said they would recommend BMI Gisburne park Hospital to friends and family.
We have an opportunity for a Porter to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Must have good customer service skills and good telephone skills
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the site such as patient, equipment, and goods (e.g., pharmacy goods) movement
- Explain hospital facilities and services to patients and family members when escorting people to rooms or other hospital areas
- Provide a courteous service to internal and external customers
- Ensure patient comfort and dignity are maintained at all times
- Where applicable, assist in supporting patients in and out and of vehicles when arriving or leaving the hospital
- Provide help and guidance to patients, relatives and visitors requiring assistance
- Undertake as required any miscellaneous ad-hoc portering requests from the departments and wards to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive starting salary. Employee benefits for contracted staff also include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Private health insurance, discounted gym membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our "Perks at Work" scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Chrisitne Bailey on#########
Posted 14 days ago