£17.14 - £18.64 per hour + £1.50 per hour Retainer Payment
Rullion require a small number of Mechanical Fitters to add to our current workforce on a prestigious rolling stock contract in Widnes, Cheshire.
This is a state of the art facility and we are looking for NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent Mechanical Fitters on a 3 month project. This will give you the opportunity to gain experience within rolling stock, whilst adding to your current skill set.
Pay Rate of £18.64 per hour (£17.14/hour for all hours worked + £1.50/hour retained on all hours worked and paid on completion of the project)
The RePaint Project is currently underway at an impressive new facility in Widnes, refurbishing a 56strong fleet of trains. Working in a large team of Mechanical Fitters (MultiDisciplined Operatives), Spray Painters, Vehicle Preppers and more, the aim is to deliver a full external respray of these iconic rail vehicles to the highest possible standard.
Youll be required to remove certain roof panels and components of varying size, accessed from purpose built overhead gantries. There will be a good amount of mechanical work involved with the addition of manual preparation (sanding, masking and brush painting.)
Working on a twoweek roster, successful applicants will be required work days, nights and weekends as the project requires.
Current start/finish times are as follows;
Days: 0700 1730
Nights: 1900 0615
The location benefits those with their own modes of transport, excellent links to the motorways and surrounding areas. If you are needing to use Public Transport, please consider the start and finish times above!
Some examples of your daytoday responsibilities;
* Carry out mechanical component exchange in line with our clients safety critical competency management system.
* Carry out surface preparation with the use of solvents.
* Prepare the rail vehicle for spray painting. This includes sanding and brush painting.
* Carry out minor electrical work and making safe of electrical systems. E.g. electrical plugs and push buttons.
* Maintain good housekeeping within the working area.
* Associated paperwork.
* Background in Mechanical engineering
* Ability to act as a member of a multidisciplined team (flexibility around team roles)
The Health & Safety of all personnel on our client sites is always at the forefront of our recruitment process, therefore successful applicants will be subject to mandatory Drug and Alcohol Tests prior to start.
Please contact Julian Elmore for further details on#########
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Posted 20 days ago