Associate Director Tunnelling
Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Associate Director Tunnelling
Due to continued growth, a rare opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director with experience of Tunnelling. This is a great chance to join an expanding team, working on some of the UKs leading projects. You will need to have experience leading a team as well and being a technical expert. This will be a hugely rewarding position and there is the opportunity to progress within the organisation.
- Performs various management, leadership, and people accountability responsibilities for a specific technical group or department.
- Has full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Generally requires multidisciplinary knowledge of engineering.
- Plans and develops engineering tasks concerned with unique or controversial problems. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Maintains liaison with units within the organization and individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Responsible for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field. Work at this level usually requires extensive progressive experience.
- Works under minimal supervision. Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Manages group of engineers and/or technicians, coordinating activities of the unit.
- Must have a technical bias and be able to demonstrate the technical delivery of designs on tunnelling projects
- Must be skilled in the design of reinforced concrete and steelwork.
- Must be skilled in the design of precast concrete segmental linings for tunnels and shafts. Ideally, also able to design sprayed concrete linings and all forms of shaft linings including diaphragm walls and secant piles.
- Must have a technical background and, in addition to managing small teams, will be required to be hands on delivering the work.
- Must have experience of developing and mentoring junior engineers to assist with the growth and development of the team.
- Must have extensive experience working to the appropriate codes and standards.
- Detailed understanding of Eurocodes, appropriate standards and best practice.
- Detailed understanding of design using FE analysis (such as LUSAS and PLAXIS 3D).
- Be able to raise the companys profile by presenting at conferences and publishing technical papers.
- Proven track record of delivery on high profile tunnelling projects.
- Experience in delivering tunnelling projects in one or more of the following sectors: road, rail, metros, water supply, sewage, gas or cable tunnels.
- Post graduate experience and be a chartered Engineer and a member of a professional body (e.g. MICE)..
- Must hold a minimum qualification of BEng or similar in a Civil or Structural Engineering discipline.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on######### or email #########
Posted 20 days ago