Senior Principal Software Engineer
£120000 to £160000 per annum
About us: As part of McKinsey & Company Inc UK, QuantumBlack helps our clients use their own data to drive better decisions. With the combination of business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis, solid software engineering know-how and advanced visualizations, we help our clients to deliver better results.
What you'll do: As a Senior Principal Software Engineer you will architect, develop and deliver the best products possible for use by QuantumBlack and our clients. You will leverage, develop, and master best-practices around modern tools that support rapid development of analytics solutions like Python, Spark, Luigi, Airflow and others. You will also be a key stakeholder, managing technical streams within the product engineering team whilst reporting directly to C-level stakeholders ensuring the entire Engineering stream is performing and delivering to the required standard.
- Work with leadership to set the standards for software engineering best practices
- Continuously evaluate our process for optimisations and help us to shape the next generation of our products
- Ensuring Engineering tasks are completed to the highest quality in a timely manor
- Working ensuring the entire Engineering stream is performing and delivering to the required standard.
- Ensuring the entire Engineering stream is performing and delivering to the required standard. Requirements:
- 7 years+ of commercial project experience
- Experience leading software engineering practices
- Experience growing engineering teams
- Comfortable working with a number of different programming languages
- Familiar with basic software engineering patterns and multiple programming paradigms, e.g. functional programming, OOP, etc
- Experience in developing and designing projects, preferably libraries, frameworks or enterprise software
- Demonstrable leadership skills, in a thought leadership or team management capacity
- Experience collaborating in a product engineering environment
- Working on or contributing to frameworks and tools, either internal or open source
- Experience working with production AI/ML it would be a strong advantage
- Experience in scoping and implementing solutions for products
- Experience in leading and managing teams of engineers of varied seniority
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Be a proven leader within a high performing engineering organisation
- Experience working with global technical teams
- Experience managing other technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A Graduate
Please apply online attaching your CV and covering letter within 28 days of the first placement of this advert.
Posted 41 days ago