£50000 - £75000 per annum
Data Engineer Scala, Python, Spark, Kafka, AWS
Between £50,000 and £75,000 + Strong benefits package
A household name Retail business based in Central London are looking for a Data Engineer to work in squads to the build cuttingedge data platforms with access to one of the largest customer data lakes in Europe. The team are working with an interesting tech stack, including AWS, Kubernetes, Hadoop, PySpark, Python, Scala, Snowflake, amongst others and you will be able to help define the technology strategy moving forward to meet the businesss high scale data demands. As a Lead Data Engineer, your role will to spend half of your time developing the solutions, and the other half contributing to architecture, supporting more junior members of the team, and driving the product roadmap with the PMs.
The Company have been racing away from their competition in both the data and technology fields, building one of the largest data solutions in Europe. Along with their tech ambition, they offer a great working environment with a strong degree of flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and the opportunity to push technology boundaries. They have multiple AWS licences so individual teams can experiment and optimise their tech stack as they seem fit, as well as offering dedicated personal development time to learn new skills, and an inclusive leadership style to empower the team.
As Data Engineer you will:
- Work as part of squads of 12 data engineers delivering cuttingedge data platforms
- Program data pipelines using Scala or Python depending on your experience.
- Maximise streaming and big data technology, including Kafka, Spark, and cloud tech
- Work with the newest AWS tech, including Lambdas, Snowflake, S3, and more
- Push Agile Methodologies within the team including CI/CD, etc.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To qualify for this Data Engineering role, you need:
- Strong knowledge of a programming language, ideally Scala or Python
- Strong knowledge of cloud data technology, ideally in AWS
- Knowledge of modern data architectures including cloud and distributed computing
- Strong stakeholder facing skills and understanding of the commercial benefits for technology
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and apply software development best practice to data
HOW TO APPLYIf youre interested in finding out more regarding this Data Engineer role, reach out to Ross at Harnham. To apply, please do so via this site.
KEYWORDSData Engineering, Data Engineer, Kafka, Spark, Big Data, Manager, Director, Head of Data Engineering, Python, Scala
Posted 25 days ago