Head of Care - Nurse - Nursing Home
Fleet, Hampshire, England
£45k - 55k per year
Head of Care - Nurse qualified ( RGN / RMN )
Location: Near Fleet
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Hours: Full time
Working in a fantastic nursing home based near Fleet, the Head of Care will oversee the entire care team and plans to ensure the best care is provided and adhered to. You will lead a team of care staff and provide support to them when required. You will be looking at the Individual Care Service Plans and risk assessment evaluation, whilst also being able to determine the level of care needed together with appropriate staffing levels in place to support residents. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Monitor standard of care with a 'hands on' coaching approach.
- Undertake quality audits, feedback action points to Heads of Department and monitor progress.
- Monitor Management of equipment related to care bedrails/mattresses/hoists/etc.
- Oversee ordering, receipt, storage, and administrations of medications.
- Oversee compliance to mandatory training
- Assist with recruitment of the care team and facilitate appropriate induction/orientation/supervision to ensure relevant development.
- Support the General Manager with assessing potential residents to ensure their needs are fully assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated.
- Oversee the medication programme and assess the standard of medication administration with the whole home.
- Oversee Infection Prevention and Control and Health and Safety practices, ensuring adequate risk management and promoting safe systems of working
- Promote best practice from admission to discharge or end of life care, ensuring expertise is sought when the needs of the individual determine this
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
To be considered for this position you must have a clear NMC PIN with no restrictions.
For further information or to apply for this position, please call Rebecca Rouse on######### or email your CV to #########
All applications and enquiries will be strictly confidential
Posted 19 days ago