Competitive Salary plus Benefits
MGroup Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are looking to recruit a Plant Inspector this is a National Role with travel across the UK with the need for occasional nights away from home.
MGroup Services Plant & Fleet Solutions supports our front line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose Vehicles, Plant and Equipment. We currently provide a comprehensive fleet of over 6,500 trucks, vans and cars, together with over 15,000 items of general plant and specialist utilities equipment from our Regional Supply Depots.
Working as part of the Compliance & Service team, the Plant Inspector will be responsible for the on-site audits and inspections of plant, fleet and equipment at our customers sites and locations. Auditing, inspecting and reporting on asset condition, compliance and locations. Facilitating and completing asset exchanges as required.
As your duties & responsibilities will be:
Asset Audits & Inspections
- Manage and plan programs of site audits to include identification of assets on site, condition of assets and current compliance status.
- Produce reports on all site activity, and update systems as required.
- Report and investigate any assets not found at audit, and escalate as required.
- Provide MI reporting weekly / monthly as directed.
- Carry out quality audits on workshop jobs completed.
- Exchange assets as required.
- Actively engage with your workforce, demonstrate strong leadership through your own actions and behaviours,
- Develop positive working relationships with all customers, departments and peer’s with a “can do attitude”, a flexible approach to working is key for this role.
Safety Health Quality and Environment (SHEQ)
- Ensure that you abide by local safe systems of work while on customers sites including the correct wearing of PPE as required.
- Follow MGSPFS Risk Assessment / Method Statements contained within the safety pack.
Skills & Knowledge Requirement
- Engineering qualification (likely to be gained in a Construction Plant environment, City & Guilds or NVQ preferred) achieved through a recognised formal training programme.
- Will require a full UK driving Licence
- Proven experience working in the Construction Plant sector
- Experience of the utility sector desirable but not essential
- Personal Qualities
- Highly motivated
- Creates strong personal impact
- Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Career advancement , in M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions
- Pension scheme
- Company Van provided.
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.‘
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 16 days ago