Automation System Developer - Rugby | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Automation System Developer
Rugby, Warwickshire, England
£40000 - £55000 per annum + 10% pension, 26 days holiday
My client, a global leader in designing and building control and automation solutions across a broad number of segments, (notably; Marine, Industrial Process, and Oil & Gas), are looking to grow their Controls & Software team, and are looking for an Automation System Developer.
The role is responsible for:
- Specify and implement new developments to expand the capability of existing Marine Automation architecture or associated tools, for continuous improvement and/or simplification.
- Modernisation and porting of existing functionality to new platforms and/or operating systems as required.
- Validation of new software releases from the industrial controller core software team or from within the Marine Automation Standards team.
- Investigation of issues based on existing or legacy contracts for vessels in operation.
- Provide support for Marine Automation project, commissioning, and service teams worldwide.
- Support discussions with stakeholders to map out the future strategy for Marine Automation.
- Ensure full documentation of standard products for internal and external users.
- Comply with relevant marine classification society design rules.
- Occasional travel to customer or other development locations may be required.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering, science or maths with computer literacy, or computer science.
- Experience in a high-level programming language, such as C/C++.
- A Minimum of 3 years working in Industrial automation and/or control theory or a similar technical discipline
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict timescales.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
In return you can expect a salary of up to £55,000 (dependant on experience), 10% bonus, and a 10% pension.
If you are interested please send an up to date CV.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit (/)
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Posted 3 days ago