Technical Consultant / Principle Engineer / Team Leader
Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £50000.00 per annum + Car All + Bens
Technical Consultant / Principal Engineer Team Leader
Cloud, Hosting, Storage & Shared Services Datacentre
Microsoft Technologies, Active Directory, MS Azure, VMware VCP, Storage, SAN, NetApp,**Hosted Cloud Datacentre,SCOM,Physical & Virtual Servers and MS Genealogy experience for varied and diverse clientele.**
£50,000 + Car or Car Allowance (£5,000) + 10% Bonus + Benefits
Global organisation is seeking an experienced Technical Consultant / Principle Engineer to be their Technical Lead based at their Infrastructure HQ in Birmingham.
Reporting to the Head of Hosting & Storage as the Consultant Principal Engineer, you will provide a senior level of technical leadership (predominantly 3rd & 4th Line), support and mentor a team of 7 x by motivating, leading, technical advice & guidance.
You will be the Subject Matter Expert across all technical areas within the Hosting & Storage Team and shall act as Technical Design Authority to ensure solution compliance to Service and Technical standards.
This post will require you will need to be a tenacious completer that is also responsible for ensuring the engineering team are aligned and prioritised to meet live system deadlines and project timescales.
You will be responsible for the daytoday operational management and leadership of Hosting and Maintenance ensuring your team provides quality driven, highlevel technical maintenance of the Cloud, Server, Hosting and Storage estate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Owning Operational Improvements Plans for the Hosting & Storage Support area, ensuring appropriate and successful implementation your key technical and functional responsibilities will involve:
- MS Active Directory, MS Azure
- VMware, NetApp, Hosting & Storage,
- Hosted Cloud Datacentres & Cloud Technology IaaS, NaaS, SaaS
- Support of Physical & Virtual Servers, Windows Servers 2003, 2008, 2012 r2
- The support of project planning activities, defining the correct approach and activities for projects to reach their technical goals
- Support the planning of 3rd party contract reviews, renewals and terminations
- Define and assure the planning, scheduling and technical detail of Change Requests and
- routine maintenance activities for the team.
- Define, assure and manage the planning for Root Cause Analysis activities for the team.
- Be responsible for capacity planning and capacity management, proactively identifying required improvements and capacity constraints.
Technical Desirables & Qualifications:
- MCSA, MCSE
- MS Azure Certified
This role requires proven people and manmanagement skills and in return the client will offer you a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.
Posted 6 days ago