Mechanical Design Engineer
West Midlands, England
£35k - 42k per year + Benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer - Special Purpose Machinery
A leading player in the design & manufacture of Mechanical Handling Solutions for the Aerospace & Automotive industries is looking to further expand their team. For over 30yrs, this multinational machinery organisation have been developing purpose-built solutions for some of the largest blue-chip OEMs around the world. 2019 has been a great year for them, and with no signs of anything slowing down anytime soon, it's time for them to add an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to the team.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer with around 5yrs experience the chance to work alongside the Lead Engineer to deliver all engineering aspects of all projects. The role will suit someone who is comfortable working autonomously as there will be occasions where you will have the chance to run your own projects from concept to completion.
The key responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- To support the lead technical engineer in all engineering aspects of all projects
- Development of project layout & concepts and shall include the ownership and control of master layouts
- Ensure design risk assessments are completed with mechanical & electrical input and progress the design to completion by co-ordination with in-house & external design engineers
- Attend site to help determine the root cause of technical issues and assist with the problem-solving process
The key skills required are as follows:
- HND or Degree Qualified Mechanical Engineer
- Over 5yrs commercial Design Engineering experience
- CAD - Inventor
- Strong background in the design and development of special purpose machinery, automated machinery or automotive assembly machinery
- Concept to manufacture
- FEA and Hand Calculations
The salary for this position is up to £42,000 + benefits depending on experience.
Location: West Midlands - Commutable from Solihull, Birmingham and Coventry
This is a brand-new requirement and my client are looking to fill the positions as soon as possible. They are looking to line up interviews as early as Monday 2nd September but will be flexible for the right individual.
Send your CV to ######### or call######### to find out more.
If this role is not what you're looking for don't worry. At X4 Engineering we cover all permanent and freelance positions, with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity.
X4 Engineering is a specialist recruitment business for the engineering sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
Our network of world class engineering talent sets us apart from the rest and allows us to deliver skilled professionals to our engineering partners across a number of industry sectors including Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Chemical and Process, Defence, Medical, Food and FMCG.
We're a result driven business and our team of specialist recruitment consultants continue to go above and beyond what's expected to ensure our clients receive the highest ROI from their recruitment spend. We have partnerships with leading engineering companies all over the world and have made placements in over 13 countries across Europe and the US.
Posted 21 days ago