Up to £0.00 per annum
- MidSenior SQL DBA (Database Administrator)
Stoke on Trent
Salary Details: Competitve
Join a company where you can grow and help the company improve.
About The Role
Duties will/may include:
- Design, development and management of SQL Server Replication deployments.
- Review/ advise on SQL Server upgrades/ releases.
- Development and Management of TeamCity tasks to deploy new and upgrade existing databases, as part of a Continuous Integration Framework.
- Proactive monitoring of Databases to identify potential performance problems
- Design and implementation of scheduled maintenance tasks (e.g. Index Reorganisation, Physical & Logical Fragmentation and Statistics).
- Investigating new versions of SQL Server, with specific emphasis on performance features
- Assist DBA Team Manager and Team Leaders in design and implementation of security model
- Assist, when required, other departments in the investigation of reported production database related issues.
- Advise Developers on performance tuning of code and aid Developers and Technical Architects in database logical design.
- Production of concise documentation adhering to ITIL framework
- Database Change Auditing and Risk assessment of all Database Changes/Upgrades
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience administering Microsoft SQL Server databases, including features such as Server Configuration, Availability Groups, SQL Server Failover Clustering, Partitioning, Backup/Restore, Log Shipping, Replication, Encryption, ServerSide Tracing, Extended Events, Index design and maintenance, security, auditing and performance tuning
- Knowledge and experience of C .Net coding
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux Server performance monitoring and tuning
- Knowledge and experience of automating Database Administration functions using PowerShell
- Accomplished communication skills and an ability to converse with a variety of internal and external users both technical and nontechnical
- A willingness to work independently when required and to drive forward innovations
- A flexible approach to suit business requirements
Whilst not essential, beneficial skills/knowledge include:
- Knowledge and experience of administering Elasticsearch on a Linux platform
- Knowledge of Performance Monitoring and Analysis of SQL Server
- Knowledge of Redgate SQL Clone
- Knowledge and experience of administering cloudbased databases
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Knowledge of VMWare.
- Knowledge and use of Subversion, TeamCity and JIRA or similar tools/systems.
Posted 48 days ago