£29 - £30 per hour + Negotiable
This leading organisation is actively seeking a Design Engineer (Plant, Tool & Gauge) to join their company working on an initial 6month contract based at their site in South Wales.
A Design Engineer (Plant, Tool & Gauge), in the Engineering Design Office, to support Manufacturing and Engineering programmes in the preparation of technical data to define the Plant Tool & Gauge requirements for the site.
To be successful in the role of Designer:
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design
- Previous experience of working with Siemens NX 9 design software and Teamcenter PLM software would be beneficial.
- Experienced designer in the field of jigs, tools and fixtures, filling technology, mechanical handling systems, safety interlock systems and fume extraction systems, used in an explosive environment
- Experience of access structure fabrication design, e.g. platforms, flooring, stairways, ladders and fire escapes
- Can design complex gauges with a good understanding of related British Standards
- Previous experience of fluid power circuit design, including pneumatic, electropneumatic and hydraulic
- Experience of stress calculation and mitigation related to mechanical components and structures
This position is for a global aerospace/ defence organisation has many sites around the UK, employing over 80,000 talented people. With an innovative culture, they produce the most advanced products within the industry which promotes their worldrenowned reputation. Holding a large market share, this company offers each contractor an opportunity to gain security clearance therefore you must be willing to undergo this procedure. Furthermore, theres the possibility of longer hours, repeat work and longer contract durations for gifted candidates.
If you are interested in this role of Design Engineer please send your CV to Alex Collins via the apply button! Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, feel free to get them in touch, referral fees paid!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
Posted 38 days ago