Temp Assessor Business Management North East England
North East England
£15.00 - £17.50 per hour + travel expenses
Temp Higher Degree Apprenticeship Assessor Business Management
North East England
£15£17.50 per hour Plus mileage
My client is a silver rated teaching university and an outstanding provider for Higher Apprenticeships. They deliver high quality teaching, learning and outcomes and they consistently exceed rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education. Their courses are designed for employers who seek to develop their staff and upgrade sector specific knowledge and skills. Delivery is by expert practitioners and informed by industry led research.
They are currently seeking to appoint Freelance Higher Degree Apprenticeship Assessors to join their growing teams.
Reporting to the Head of Apprenticeships the key duties of this temporary fulltime position are to be responsible for the planning and monitoring of learner achievements and retention through regular review meetings, ensuring that learning is taking place offthejob and being applied within the apprentices workplace in preparation for the end point assessment (EPA)
Key duties include the following:
Manage cohorts of Apprentices by supporting them in achieving their Apprenticeship,
To establish clear learning, delivery, and monitoring plans, including sufficient offthejob training (OJT) requirements, working towards the Apprentices end point assessment.
Take a primary role in planning and undertaking regular progress review meetings as required with line managers and Apprentices to track progress against plans and manage any issues that arise and ensure that follow up actions happen.
Undertake the role of supporting Apprentices and line managers in applying and evidencing knowledge, skills, and behaviours (KSBs) in the workplace and the resolution of any challenges that may arise, making referrals to the dedicated academic and support services as required.
Provide time and space to ensure that the apprentice is kept safe in terms of Safeguarding and Health & Safety during the review process and make any necessary referrals to the relevant support services as required.
Develop and maintain employer relationships using appropriate channels to monitor the Apprentices progress at work, and update line managers about their progress and their apprentices progress at the University.
Record review visits and their outcomes/issues appropriately as required by University systems and processes.
Provide regular feedback on apprentices progress, and issues to the School Principal Lecturers (PL) and the Department of Academic Enterprise (DAE).
Assist with the planning and delivery of induction programmes and ongong induction to support Apprentices transitioning to Higher Education (HE) learning.
Support Apprentices and line managers in using the Universitys eportfolio software and develop good practice regarding making regular reflective entries on their eportfolio.
Oversee and report on the eportfolio entries that Apprentices must submit for review, and also ensure line mangers understand their role in reviewing eportfolio entries.
Engage with quality assurance procedures to ensure University standards are met and compliance with confidentially and data protection policies.
Attend staff development/information events, where appropriate, that will inform and influence practice within the Higher Degree Apprenticeship arena, including any meetings with wider Higher Degree Apprenticeship (HDA) delivery teams and colleagues.
Operate independently and autonomously to coordinate own work and ensure visits are undertaken in a timely and professional manner
Education and skills Requirements
* Hold an undergraduate degree (preferably in the field of study associated with the Higher Degree Apprenticeship
* Assessors Award or equivalent.
* Knowledge of Apprenticeships and their delivery/funding requirements in an educational and work based setting
* Have knowledge of the programmes specific knowledge, skills, and behaviours as identified by the Apprenticeship Standard.
* Understanding of end point assessment EPA organisation requirements and resources.
* Ability to coach individuals in developing and evidencing skills and behaviours in the workplace.
* Experience of providing pastoral support to Apprentices in the workplace.
* Experience of developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships with employers
* Experience of planning and managing meetings and successful client management with multiple stakeholders within an educational environment.
* Experience of using initiative, creativity, and judgement to respond appropriately to apprenticeship needs and problem.
* Have worked with students on a onetoone basis in a personcentred environment.
* Knowledge of eportfolios and/or use of Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
* Have experience of working in a Further, Higher Education or Private Training Provider
- environment and developing effective working relationships with academic tutors/leaders.
* Have confidence in working independently with Apprentices and employers with ability to develop supporting, empathic personal relationships within professional boundaries.
* Knowledge of funding and educational quality assurance processes and ability to comply with them
* Full, clean UK driving licence
Salary: This is a temporary role offering £15 £17.50 per hour plus travel expenses.
If you meet the above requirements please apply to Morello Recruitment Solutions online quoting M14331
Morello are operating as an Employer Agency in respect of this vacancy.
Morello are a specialist agency for the Skills, FE and Welfare to Work industry. Providing staff on a temporary and permanent basis across the UK.
Posted 34 days ago