Sheet Metal Worker
Up to £8.21 per hour
Our Client is looking for Sheet Metal Wokers on a full time basis.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Expert working knowledge of machine setup and operation within the Fabrication Department. (shear, punch press, brake press , etc.)
- Possess a thorough understanding of fabrication within the Sheet Metal craft such as various material characteristics, machine processes and tool requirements.
- The ability to fabricate sheet metal parts from sketches including the layout of the part.
- Capable of reading, interpreting, inspecting, and working from parts drawings, prints and written specification as required. (blueprints, routings, and etc.)
- Works under minimal supervision and shows initiative to meet daily production, safety, and quality requirements.
- Able to demonstrate layout and programming skills. Assist, as necessary, in instructing other employees in aspects of the Sheet Metal craft.
- Initiate good communication within and between work groups and shifts.
- Support plant safety and housekeeping policies and set a good example for all employees.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Committed to continuous self improvement and demonstrate the ability to function as a positive member of a maintenance team.
- PC experiences preferred include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements with or without accommodation.
- Proven good attendance, performance, and safety record in previous job(s), school or employment programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and get along with others in a stressful environment.
- Understand and interpret plant facilities drawings.
- Verifiable hazardous materials training.
- High school diploma required.
- Physical Requirements:
- Lift, carry, push, pull 50 pounds or more.
- Stand and walk eight hours.
- Kneel, crawl and bend eight hours.
- Do repeated bending and squatting.
- Work at or above shoulder level.
- Have good manual dexterity.
- Climb ladders to 12 feet heights.
- Work around machinery with moving parts and cutting parts.
- Have maximum use of both legs and arms.
- Operate elevating equipment.
- Be exposed to dusts with proper protective equipment.
- Be exposed to solvents with proper protective equipment.
- Tolerate continuous use of safety glasses, hearing protection, and steeltoed shoes.
- Use vibratory tools
If this role sound sof interest and you are looking for full time work, please apply with an updated C.V and we will come back to you asap.
Interviews held onsite.
Posted 51 days ago